Words are divided into different classes according to their use or according to work they do in the sentence. These classes of words are called Parts of Speech.
The Parts of Speech are eight in number:
A Noun is a word used for naming some person, place, or thing.
Abid, man, class, cow, Faisalabad, gold, honesty, love
A pronoun is a word used in place of a noun.
Pronoun = Pro (in place of) + noun
He, she. It, We, They. You, etc.
- Tahir is a student. He is going to the office.
- I am a student You are a doctor.
- She is a girl. They are players.
An Adjective is a word used for qualifying (or adding something to the meaning of a Noun or Pronoun.
- Arslan is a good boy.
- He is blind.
- Our cow gives much milk.
- Give me three pens and five pencils
A verb is a word that states something about a person or thing. A verb is a word used to say something about some person, place, or thing. Also read what is skimming and scanning
- The child weeps.
- The dogs bark.
- I am sorry
- I have a sharp knife.
- He is playing hockey
An Adverb is a word used to qualify (add something to) the meaning of a Verb, an Adjective, or other Adverbs.
- Raba goes slowly.
- The child walks very slowly.
- The bird flew exactly over our head.
- She is very beautiful.
A Preposition Is a word which is placed before a noun or 3 pronoun to show its relation with other noun, pronoun or thing.
- The book is on the table.
- The fish is in the pond.
- The dog is behind you.
- What do you say about her?
- The beggar is sitting under the tree.
A Conjunction Is a word used to join words, clauses, and sentences.
- Lubna and Abida are good girls.
- He is sad but hopeful.
- Learn your lesson or leave the class
An Interjection is a word which expresses some sudden feeling of the mind.
- Hurrah! Today is a holiday.
- Oh! What a nice view.
- Bravo! You have done well.
- Fie! You are a liar.
- Alas! I have lost my car. Read more
Leave a Comment